Being a buyer’s agent in San Diego is a tough task. But not as tough, or scary, as being the actual home buyer. Let’s break down and simplify exactly what it takes to be a confident, knowledgeable buyer.
- The first meeting is simply getting to know each other. Save a pen and paper, I bring nothing else. I’m there to find out your goals, or create them
- Meeting normally takes about an hour. By the time we’re finished, we will have a fairly clear plan of action going forward
- Every conversation is different, but there will be a few things we’ll talk about…
- Rough time frame for purchasing a home (ASAP, 3 months, a year?)
- What, generally speaking, are we going to be searching for
- What neighborhood, city, zip code are we conducting the search for the new home
My Skill Set
I’ve been both a listing agent and a buyer’s agent in East County San Diego for going on a decade now with focus on La Mesa, El Cajon and Santee. With that experience comes know-how you can only get from doing. That said, here are a few things I do well…
- Finding and analyzing property- Locating a nice home is easy enough. What Brown & Brown does is analyze everything from the condition of the home to the monthly numbers owning the property would entail. A good floor plan is only one factor in pinpointing the right home. Whether a first home or an investment property, we pay attention to the details that matter
- Conducting an offer and negotiating- Being able to analyze price correctly and believing you have the numbers that fit isn’t the end of the story. A San Diego buyer’s agent must convince a seller and their San Diego listing agent of this as well. Make no mistake, most folks selling a home think it’s much more valuable than it actually is. I’m here to convince them of the price we think is fair.
- Team Building- Once our offer is accepted, there is more work to be done. Luckily I have a team of professionals whose job it is to look out for you, the buyer. From property inspectors to transaction coordinators, Brown & Brown is fortunate to have a winning team that closes escrows…
I’ve simplified everything here to make for an easy read. I’d love to speak with you in more detail about what you want to achieve going forward.
Give me a call and together we can accomplish your goals. Talk with you soon.